W3RT CVS believes that volunteering and volunteerism are crucial to the health of our communities and as a result have worked for the past 40 years to ensure that our communities benefit from strong voluntary organisations.
Volunteering is a highly rewarding way to give something back to the community, meet new people or learn a new skill and we want to make it as easy as possible for individuals or businesses to take part in volunteering opportunities. As a result, we have created a dedicated volunteering hub which lists all the volunteering opportunities in our communities.
You can access the Golden Volunteer on our W3RT Volunteering Hub webpages here and we hope that there are a range of opportunities that suit what you are looking for. If you have any questions or would like to know about a specific type of organisation you would like to volunteer for, you can contact the CVS team by email or call 07908 209909.
We understand the importance of volunteers for our local charities and community groups and how they allow organisations to support their beneficiaries. Therefore, we have invested in an online volunteer recruitment platform called Golden Volunteer which will make it easier for organisations to recruit volunteers for local roles across the Watford and Three Rivers area.
You can use Golden Volunteer to promote your organisation’s volunteering opportunities, recruit and manage your volunteers and use the data collected to capture the hours given and assess the impact of the work that your volunteers are doing.
If you would like to add your volunteering opportunities onto Golden Volunteer, click here and to ensure that you are getting the most out of Golden Volunteer, we would encourage you to contact the CVS team to arrange an introduction session to find out more about Golden Volunteer. You can contact the CVS team by email or call 07908 209909.
As well as using Golden Volunteer to help with volunteer recruitment, W3RT CVS supports voluntary organisations to ensure all aspects volunteering. For example:
- Supporting you design and tailor volunteer role descriptions to ensure that potential volunteers understand the roles they are applying for.
- Understanding and managing safeguarding and GDPR responsibilities for volunteers.
- Developing policies and procedures to help groups manage, engage and recognise their volunteers.
- Holding an annual Volunteers’ Fair to support you with recruitment.
- Celebrating the impact of volunteers during Volunteers’ and Trustees’ Week.
- Work with other CVS organisations and local initiatives such as Team Herts Volunteering supporting a culture of volunteering across Hertfordshire.
For any support that W3RT CVS can provide your organisation around volunteering, you can contact the CVS team by email or call 07908 209909.