Welcome to W3RT’s websites and services. These are provided free of charge to individuals and to local groups. We hope these services will support and enhance local voluntary activity. As ever with such ventures, some legal and regulatory conditions apply. Please read the following carefully.
1) Legal structure
This website is provided and operated by Watford & Three Rivers Trust (W3RT) registered in England and Wales as a Charity (registration number 1085518) and a limited company (registration number 4090701).
- 3dna Corp trading as NationBuilder: PO Box 811428, Los Angeles, CA 90081 USA
- Golden Volunteer: 4021 Mandeville Canyon Road, CA 90049, USA
- Mighty Networks: 127 Lytton Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301
- Idox (registered in England & Wales as company 3984070): 2nd floor, 1310 Waterside, Arlington Business Park, Berkshire, RG7 4SA, UK
- Stripe: 354 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
All terms and conditions are governed by the General Data Protection Regulation that provides individuals with specific rights over the use of their data.
2) Purpose and restrictions
The website and its services are designed and offered solely to promote and facilitate charitable and not-for-profit activities provided by or supported by W3RT. The website includes information, resources and services to help individuals and organisations with services and activities, volunteering, fundraising, networking, and many other activities.
You must register on this website using your true name and a specific named email address to which only you have access. To comply with the requirements of our partners, you must not use a pseudonym (eg: “voltaire”), a generic name (eg: “volunteer” or “admin”), an organisation name (eg: “W3RT”) or a generic email (eg: [email protected] or [email protected]). User accounts are free but must not be shared.
3) Using the website: individuals and organisations
The website is for charitable and not-for-profit use only. W3RT champions and supports local voluntary action and activities.
All users of our website are individual users. Some individual users are given additional rights and permissions to create and manage content on behalf of local charities and not-for-profit organisations.
We encourage all users to volunteer and get involved in the activities of local charities and groups. Beyond checking contact details, W3RT does not warrant that organisations or activities have been scrutinised or certified in any way – or that individuals have undergone DBS or identity checks or otherwise been assessed or certified in any way.
Any group promoting itself, its activities, or its volunteering opportunities, must operate legally and comply with all relevant legal, regulatory and contractual requirements including around equalities, safeguarding, health and safety, and insurance. Groups are responsible for verifying the identity and references of individual volunteers – including conducting DBS checks where required.
Before supporting a group, attending its activities, or volunteering for an activity, individuals must make enquiries of the group to satisfy themselves that the group operates legally and complies with all relevant legal, regulatory and contractual requirements including around equalities, safeguarding, health and safety, and insurance.
Any funds raised through our website will be paid only to the charity, organisation or cause named in the fundraising appeal.
4) Using the website: requirements and prohibitions
Information you provide must be true, accurate and up-to-date.
In using this website or any of its services you must not intentionally or otherwise:
- pursue or promote any commercial or part political purpose;
- impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with a person or entity (including a non-profit organisation);
- violate any local, national or international law or regulation;
- violate any third-party right, including any intellectual property or privacy right;
- stalk, harass, threaten, or harm any individual or group;
- discriminate against any individual or group;
- share any information or photographs that identify any individuals (or allow individuals to be identified) without their prior consent;
- collect, store or share personal data about other individuals without their express individual consent;
- collect, store or share personal data about other users without their express individual consent;
- interfere with or disrupt the services or servers or networks connected to the services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the services, through the use of automated software or otherwise;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the content, site, or services, use of the content, site, dashboards, apps, or services, or access to the content, site, dashboards, apps, or services.
- modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the site, apps, dashboards, or services or access the site, dashboards, apps, or services in order to build a similar or competitive service.
- introduce software or automated agents to the site, dashboards, apps, or services so as to produce multiple accounts, generate automated searches, requests, and/or queries, or to strip, scrape, or mine data from the site, apps, or services.
Without our prior written consent, you may not
- allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail (spam);
- use any high volume, automated, or electronic means (including without limitation robots, spiders, scripts or other automatic device) to access the services or monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained thereon;
- frame the site, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
5) Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
This website and all intellectual property rights in it, including but not limited to any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, or other information or material on the website (“content”), is owned by W3RT or its technical partners.
Intellectual property rights means rights such as copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world).
W3RT reserves its right to intellectual property in connection with these Terms. W3RT will use and share content to promote itself, its services, the website and the activities of local charities and groups. W3RT may share content with third parties including funders and stakeholders, but will not share content for commercial gain.
Where an individual or organisation creates any content, they remain the copyright owners of such content but authorise W3RT and its technical partners to use and republish the content to promote the website and services, and the activities of local charities or groups. Individuals or groups may remove their content at any time.
6) Rules about linking to our Site
You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
7) Site services
We reserve the right to vary any event registration fees and the prices of any goods or services listed without notice. All event registrations and orders for goods and services are subject to availability. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any registration and to refuse to supply any goods or services to any individual.
8) Accuracy and availability of website
The website and its services are designed and offered “as seen” to promote and facilitate charitable and not-for-profit activities provided by or supported by W3RT. W3RT will regularly review the website with technical partners and stakeholders to make sure it is available, accurate, up-to-date and free from faults. W3RT cannot warrant that the website will be uninterrupted, or free of data or technical faults.
W3RT may need to suspend or terminate operation of the website at any time without notice.
W3RT does not promise or warrant that the website will be available or suitable for any specific purpose. The website and its content are provided for general information purposes only and to inform you about needs, activities and opportunities within your local community. The content does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and neither the website nor the content should be relied upon for any specific purposes.
9) Additional features
W3RT offers many opportunities for local charities and not-for-profit organisations to create and manage content on this website including: their organisation profile, defining volunteer opportunities, news stories, recruiting volunteers, managing volunteer engagements, fundraising appeals, creating events, ticketing events, creating forums and networks.
This content will be managed by individuals who have been nominated by the individual group, and who have received additional information and guidance from W3RT on protocols and processes to be followed. In all circumstances, W3RT reserves the right to remove or amend such content. Until further notice, all such additional features are offered free of charge to W3RT CVS members.
W3RT is not responsible for losses:
- that were not caused by any specific W3RT failing;
- arising from inaccurate information posted by others;
- arising from events, appeals and activities led by individuals or third parties;
- arising from events beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to: public emergencies, public health emergencies, changes in statutory or quasi-statutory rules or regulations, strikes or other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
11) Links to third party websites
12) Account, Password and Security
To access most features of the Service, you must register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself (such as your name, e-mail address, or other contact information). You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up to date at all times. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. You may not use anyone else's account at any time, without the permission of the account holder. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at [email protected]
13) No Unlawful or Prohibited use
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any server, or the network(s) connected, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
14) Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to this agreement has any right to enforce any of these Terms or Use.
16) Disputes and complaints
W3RT will always seek to resolve any disputes quickly and amicably. If you are concerned or unhappy in any way, please contact us at [email protected] as soon as possible.
If we cannot resolve any dispute, we will suggest an alternative pathway to you.
These Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
If you have any queries regarding these Terms, please contact us at [email protected]