Hertfordshire County Council’s Diversity and Inclusion Conference will take place at Stanborough Conference Centre, 609 St Albans Centre, Watford WD25 9JL on Wednesday, 3 November 2021 from 9am till 4pm. The purpose of the conference is to bring the community in Hertfordshire together to discuss how we collectively recover from Covid-19. In this conference we wish to discuss how to further our action plan for our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2021-2024 for Communities, Partnerships and Services. It will also provide an opportunity to ask questions and answer some of the ways to help make a difference to communities in Hertfordshire.
The conference will include speeches, discussions and workshops including;
- Speeches from our Leader and Chief Executive outlining Hertfordshire County Council’s vision and commitment to diversity and inclusion in all services we provide and focussing on why diversity and inclusion matter in the context of the changing profile of Hertfordshire communities. Our keynote speaker from Landsec, a FTSE 100 business will focus on achieving greater inclusivity through behavioural change and why inclusive leadership cannot happen in private. There will be an opportunity to hear from the High Sheriff of Hertfordshire who will focus on ways of empowering diverse communities and helping them build resilience by considering barriers to employment faced by young people. We will also hear from our youth representative who will share their experiences of being an Apprentice and their commitments to serving the community by setting up a Youth Council. Our afternoon speaker will focus on how the University of Hertfordshire are preparing future leaders.
- Our panel discussion topic will be ‘how we collectively recover from the pandemic and contribute to making Hertfordshire a thriving county.
- The workshops in the afternoon will focus on three value themes from our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2021-2024 for Communities, Partnerships and Services:
- Connecting with communities in Hertfordshire: Approaching Age & Disability
- Be the Change: Gender Inclusivity
- Working in Partnership for an inclusive Hertfordshire: BAME inequalities
Delegates will be able to participate in at least two workshops as we will be repeating the above workshops.
- The conference will adhere to the current guidelines for in-person conference.
- A vegetarian lunch will be provided and would the organisers would be grateful for any information about any specific dietary requirements you may have i.e. Gluten Free, Vegan etc.
- They would also be grateful for information about any accessibility requirements in advance.
For more information and to register for this free event via Eventbrite please click this Eventbrite link: Diversity and Inclusion in Hertfordshire: Beyond Covid Tickets, Wed 3 Nov 2021 at 09:00 | Eventbrite
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
Do you like this post?